PS2 lag when connected to PC

Ov3RBliK1

Baseband Member
Hi, this is my first time here and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have an ATi All-In-Wonder X800XT which I have my PS2 connected to right now. I use the Catalyst software that came with it and have all the latest drivers, and everything works fine except for the fact that whenever I press a button on the controller, it's delayed by just a little in the game. It's almost impossible to play because of this. Are there any settings I could change or something I can do to fix this? If you need more detailed information just ask because I guess this seems pretty vague. Thanks in advance!

No, I'm not playing online or anything. Just using the input cables on my graphics card.

Oh, so you're using your computer as the monitor input? Hmmm...I always wondered if that would work. I guess doing that gives it some lag. Not sure though, never tried it.

my friend dose this with his gamecube, ive done it with n64 there should be no lag.
its not normal theres obviously an issue. there should be a certain amout of lag if you have programs running in the backround and if you have an LCD monitor but not so much that its unplayable. try closing all un nessecary programs that you have running in the backround see if that helps.

Please list your PCs specifications, pending on the amount of RAM you have and Processor speed this may very well be the issue, as the GPU has to relay the commands from the PS2 to the CPu then produce the result. So there can be some lag. Just list specifications so that we might be able to get another look at what exactly is being processed and how fast it is being processed. XD

OK here are the specs:

ASUS P4R800-VM
Intel Pentium 4 2GHz
1GB (2 x 512MB) Kingston Pc3200
ATi X800XT All-In-Wonder 256MB AGP 8x

I'm guessing hard drives and the rest won't have anything to do with this so I won't list those. It's not old at all really, I don't think the hardware should be slowing me down. And yes I'm using my LCD monitor as the display.

I don't think that the video card is to blame. I think that maybe you would need more RAM for the computer to quickly relay the commands. Or the processor might not be fast enough to support the game console. Guys, what do you think?

2Ghz, P4, and 1GB RAM, 400Mhz, that's fine!

The best thing might be to contact ATI, and get their advice. The AGP card is set to AGP8x yeah, and not 4x, or 2x?

Back
Top Bottom