hmmm...

gdewald1

Baseband Member
This is probably a stupid question, but what is the headphone jack in cd/dvd drives supposed to do(most of the ones I used had one)? I just don't seem to figure out how to make it work. Is there software(or whatever) to get the headphone jack in the drive work?

-thanks-
P.S.plz dnt flame me

The headphone jack is used for when you play audio CDs directly off the CD drive, without going through Windows. That's why there is usually two buttons on the drive. One is to play the CD and go forward one track. The other is to stop and eject. Hope this helps.

jervin32189 said:
The headphone jack is used for when you play audio CDs directly off the CD drive, without going through Windows. That's why there is usually two buttons on the drive. One is to play the CD and go forward one track. The other is to stop and eject. Hope this helps.
Thanks
P.S.Then how do you play audio cd's directly off it?

You should be able to just place it in the drive, and it should start playing.
Only pointer is, if you have Windows Media Player, etc to play it when CD's in, it may mess this up.

A good thing though is to press shift when you insert a cd, which stops the computer automatically reading it.

Then just press the Play button on the drive.

Some PSU's also have the functionality of allowing you to do this even when the computer isn't switched on.

Put in an audio CD. Then once the drive is up to speed, push the play button on the drive (usually the left). To move forward in the CD, push that button again. To stop, push the right button. To eject the CD, push it again.

I'll delete mine if you want, as you said same thing :p

If you give any rep points, give it to jervin32189.

Back
Top Bottom