Safe to Overclock?

G9 said:
I apparently have a socket 478... and its compatible with this thank god... but as I have two processors, I'll need another block. Reading the compatibility note below, I figured they meant this... is that correct?
Yes you will need another block. But because you are cooling two processors you will probably need somthing bigger hten that radiator. I would go with the swiftech h20-220.

I would keep the heatsink on if I were you. If you wanted to replace it, put some more thermal paste on because sometimes after a while it doesn't work well. After all, I have noticed with some of these prebuilts, they just put what they call thermal tape on. To me that doesn't have near the amount of thermal conductivity that paste has.

So is it possible to take off the fan to replace it with the water block?

And @ Amish: That thing's gigantic... and pricey. will it fit within the case, if it's a fulltower the size of a TJ07?

I'm also looking at this right now... how does the radiator look on that one? It's pretty big too, but cheaper than the one you listed.

Watercooling isn't going to be cheap if you want good results. Most of those cheaper water coolers willn't perform much better then some good air cooling.

The h20-220's radiator might not fir in the case but you can always mount that on the outside of the case.

Yeah, take off the fan and replace it with the cooling block. I misunderstood you and thought you were going to go without cooling.

Eh... I'm not sure if I'm willing to do all this overclocking business any more. Perhaps swapping in for some really good air coolers... these got a 10 on maximum PC and are only 45 a piece.

jervin32189 said:
Yeah, take off the fan and replace it with the cooling block. I misunderstood you and thought you were going to go without cooling.
Oh, so no heatsink removal.

Back
Top Bottom