World Cup!!

So who do you guys think is going to make it to the semis?

If Brazil plays like they did agianst Ghana then I think France will move on. If they play like they did agianst Japan then they should move on. Italy will most likely beat Ukraine. Germany and Argentina is going to be a really good game. I'm hoping Argrentina will win but its going to be close.

OK... (my predictions).

ger vs. arg : I think Germany to win.
ita vs. ukr : Italy to win
Bra v.s Fra : Brazil to win
Eng vs. Por : I think (and hope) England to win, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a very close game played reasonably lazily by the england side, recently it seems they are doing more to *just win* rather than going all out

Just wanted to update everyone.
Brazil vs Ghana, Brazil won 2-0.
France vs Spain, France won 3-1.

Today the games came back for the quarterfinals, and it was a good game. Germany played against Argentina and they had to go into overtime because after 90 mins of playing both teams had 1-1. They took penalty kicks, and Germany won, getting 4 of their shots in, and their goal keeper blocked two of Argentina's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them to win, they got kind of lucky today. As long as Brazil doesn't win, I'm good. I'm rooting for the underdogs!

I'd seriously consider putting money on it being a Brazil vs Germany final.

If England get past Portugal, then they're stuffed - they're just not up to the required standard to beat France, Germany or Brazil. Fact. They've just been extremely lucky thus far.

IMHO Sven wasted his time bringing Theo Walcott - he hasn't played a single game. And what happened to Peter Crouch, the world famous one-trick pony? Wayne Rooney can't win an international match on his own - this isn't Man Utd vs Newcastle on a Saturday afternoon, this is serious international football.

Oh, and the Argentina coach just resigned: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/argentina/5122304.stm

root said:
OK... (my predictions).

ger vs. arg : I think Germany to win.
ita vs. ukr : Italy to win
Bra v.s Fra : Brazil to win
Eng vs. Por : I think (and hope) England to win, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a very close game played reasonably lazily by the england side, recently it seems they are doing more to *just win* rather than going all out
Go England! Yeah, hopefully England will win tomorrow. :)

Did you see the argies kicking off when they lost, fighting and everything, they deserve to be out just on the basis of that behaviour. Germany are going to walk it to the final, they will whup Italy and well thank god the Ukraine are out, they are the world's most boring game.

I am thinking of laying odds on it being an England Germany final, now that would be fun.

I think we can beat portugal, and well its then either Brazil or France, Brazil we just need to score more then they can, their defence is weak as it always has been and France well what can be said, its France centuries of rivalry we just have to win.

An England Germany final thats what I want to see, but I wouldn't like to lay odds on who will win that............

I hope the final will be between Germany and Portugal. Before the world cup started I said it's gonna be a Germany - Portugal final, and it's looking good so far. Also got my money on both Germany and Portugal :D

I dont think portugal will make it all the way. Its either going to be France/Brazil vs Germany. I gues italy could make it too but I really dont want them too.

Back
Top Bottom