Turion X2: WTF

Zaki

Daemon Poster
What the heck is happening with Turion X2, some sources say its already released...in asia?...when is it coming to america? Will it also suck in comparison to Conroe (which i think is just too good to be true)?
When is Core 2 Duo for Laptops coming out?....Why is AMD sleeping on the mobile market?

someone help :confused:

Turion X2 is AMD's dual-core version of the Turion, their mobile line. So you should compare it to Core Duo, not Core 2 Duo (at least until Merom releases). I'm not sure when the North American release is, but it should be soon. Also, you can't compare the Turion X2 to the Conroe based versions of Core 2 Duo. It's an apples to orange comparison and can't be done.

The mobile processor for the Core 2 Duo series is the Merom core. August 2006 is the slated release slot.

The mobile market has just never been AMD's strong point. Ironically, it's actually Intel's most important market. The majority of their sales are through mobile processors and chipsets, namely the Centrino Technology.

Ah, okay. I haven't checked up on AMD processors for a bit. Been concentrating on Core 2 Duo mostly, as I'm going to go Intel for my next build.

see thats my point, why the heck is amd releasing a processor like turion x2 when intel is dominating the market with its core duo, Does AMD even have anything planned to compete with the mobile Core 2 Duo, because it looks to me as though my next laptop is going to be Core 2 Duo (im buying at the end of this year).

I suppose the turion X2 is not really even going to come to the U.S. market so soon, and even when it does it wont be at the level of core duo.

The Turion X2 is out in some high-end notebooks for sale, but I don't see where you can buy the processor OEM for a build.

Back
Top Bottom