Listen to "line in" sound as its being recieved?

j.venning

In Runtime
Hi, I have a tv which I would like to listen to on headphones because I watch it around three in the morning and dont want to wake anyone. I have a double ended lead which I can plug in my tv and the other end in my laptop, the problem is I can only record what is coming in and play it later!

I have tried recorders which make the sound recordings streamable in realtime but it is always out of sync, what I want is like a loop with the line in sound going straight to the headphones! Does anyone know any software that can do this?

Regards,
James. :confused:

Well, I know that you can have a line in to the computer, make it go out though the computer, andrecord it, and listen to it on the line out.

I also know that you can have it come into your computer, and listen to it, and have your computer go out to another computer to record.

So im not sure exactly what your asking.

I want to listen to the sound as its coming into the pc, so just like it going straight to the headphones from the tv.

i think i no wot u mean, u need a cable that goes from the headphone socket on the tv to the "line in" on the computer, it should cut the sound from the tv off and go straight 2 the computer "line out".

Perhaps I can word it differently for you.

I'm having a similar problem. I have my satellite radio output hooked into my line-in. I'm only able to hear it after I record and play it back. Is there anyway I can hear the input sound when not recording or during recording?

If you have a line in socket, and then in your computer have a headphones socket, and you have the same type of sound card to me, try this:

Open Volume Controls:

Go to Options, Properties,

There should be two tickboxes, with a long list of pherphirals. One that says Playback, and one that says Recording.

Click on recording, and check Line In is selected. press okay, and then check its not muted and is selected as the recording device.

MAIN CHANGE:

Go back to the Options, Properties in Volume Control, and click on Playback and make sure Line In's selected on the list, and press okay, and check it isn't muted on the main sliders, and is at an okay level.

It should start playing through your speakers/headphones then, without having to record.

Back
Top Bottom