Win xp Pro share password confusion

d52477001

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,

I have run into a little problem. Up until yesterday i had a fully functional network. Today, whenever i try to access one of my shared drives on my other computer (running xp pro), it suddenly asks for a password, with the username set as guest. My guest account is disabled and simple file sharing is turned on. As far as i know this should not make it ask for a password, especially as i never set any and the guest account is disabled. Leaving the password blank and pressing ok does nothing. After much searching and trying out all the sharing options, I still havent solved the problem. Does anyone have any idea? Help is much appreciated, thanks in advance..

DB

edit: This problem only occurs with one of my shared drives, all the others are ok. As far as i know, i have shared them all in exactly the same way..

on the remote computer, enable the guest account, set a password, then reboot both computers. when you go to access the remote system it will prompt you again for the pass. enter the pw, and set to remember, then forget about it. done deal and wont have any more problems.

samurai said:
Try changing the username and pass to your details.

Nope, even creating a new user with admin priviliges and logging in as same did not work.

I have however now found a solution, as described here:

http://winhlp.com/WxNotEnoughServerStorage.htm

I remember getting the server storage arror some time back and decided to try the described solution. The value for IRPStackSize that i had was already at 15. I increased it to 20, and all problems solved :D

Thanks for the help :)

d52477001

Back
Top Bottom