Dr Watson & downloads

zackstarr

Beta member
FIRST; Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Okay, onto my problem. First I have WinXP Home Ed
Whenever I attempt to download a program from the internet, such as SPYBOT, ADAWARE, etc, the normal dialogue boxes will appear asking to run the program etc.
I select run, as normal. However, after watching the timebar extend as it id loading, the IE will FREEZE UP, and not respond.
This happens over and over. When I shutdown the IE...something called :
DR WATSON POSTMORTEM DEBUGGER gives me an error message. I then have to restart my IE.
This is happening all the time now when I try to get any programs from any website..
I even tested it from an email I got from PC mag offering a free Updated Driver check........Same result, I cannot use any of these programs.

All my Virus (NORTON), and spy (spy sweeper) utilities do not report any problems.......

Is there a problem with this Dr Watson, can it be turned off?
Is it REALLY needed?
:confused:

yeah.. why don't you just save the installer onto your harddrive. run it, and then delete the installer if space is really an issue for you.

kchi55 said:
yeah.. why don't you just save the installer onto your harddrive. run it, and then delete the installer if space is really an issue for you.

Tried that..Upon reaching the 99% completion mark, the IE NO LONGER responds!!

Everything will not respond, requiring a reboot of the IE...

Any ideas, cause I certainly don't know?

Thanks

give me your msn/aim and ill send you firefox (another web browser) and hopefully you can use that to download the files.

I tried to use that firefox once before, but it caused me all kinds of headaches.
I seem to remember that either ALL my favorites were lost, mail was wacky, and my McAfee or Norton did not work with it.
I tried to email the customer service contact, the same guy that emailed me thanking me for using Firefox (it came HIGHLY recommended) but I NEVER RECEIVED ANY RESPONSE.
And this was an email not only thanking me, but requesting I send all correspondence GOOD or BAD to the address.
They wanted to know about their product, but did not answer me..

Thanks for your reply though regarding my problem!!

if firefox didn't work for you. you could try opera. i use firefox myself and i don't see what kind of headaches could have possibly been spawned by it. but give opera a try if you had a bad experience with ffox

Back
Top Bottom