alcohol 120% option shouldn't be there, please help

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi, i use to have alcohol 120% on my xp computer, but i uninstalled it, but now when i put a blank dvd or cd in...when it comes up that screen "what do u want windows to do?"(the thing that chooses what program to run when a cd is insterted)...one of the options is burn a cd with alcohol 120%...although it shouldn't be there because i uninstalled it...is there anyway to remove it from the list? a link to a picture of it is below:

Theres probably a registry entry left or something in msconfig pointing to that.

Check the services tab in Msconfig it may still be there even though you uninstalled the program.

i see there is a registry entry still in there... its in Hkey_local_machine then software and theres a entry called alcohol soft...would it be safe to delete the entry?, thanks

If you are 100% positive that it belongs to the alcohol120 program, then yes you can delete it.

its removed from the list, thank you...i deleted the alcohol soft folder in the registry and it seems that it isn't in the autoplay list, thanks again

Back
Top Bottom