Case/Coolers

alvino said:
All Antec cases now come with silicone washers, if not the HDD Suspension System. I'm sure the Sonata II has them as well.
Wait, the Sonata has the silicon or the suspension? There aren't enough 5.25" slots for what I'm planning... hence, I'll need the silicon.

The hard drive sleds that come with the Sonata II have silicone washers. Only the P-150 and P-150 Solo have the HDD Suspension System so far. All the other Antec cases have silicone washers on all the hard drive sleds/hardpoints.

It's not as quiet as the suspension, but it's sturdier. The original P-150's suspension was only rubber bands, which snapped after time. In the P-150 Solo, the improved it by wrapping the rubber band in stretching fabric so it'll last longer.

Alright... well I'm determined with the Sonata II, now. I'm wondering, will the 450w power:
1. X2 4600+ AM2
2. x2 250GB HDD's in RAID
3. 7600GT
4. Water cooling set
5. 4GB RAM
6. Sound Audigy 2 Sound Card
7. Two optical drives

Why are you using 4GB of RAM?

Either way, 450w should be good enough. None of those parts are particular powerhogs.

This is with next-gen in mind, pretty much. I'm using AM2, etc... is 4GB overkill?

Yes. Although 1GB is the standard, 2GB still allows plenty of headroom. If you just stick with 2GB of RAM, you can upgrade in the future, and the advanatge is that prices for that same stick of RAM will probably be cheaper. :)

Back
Top Bottom