I Got A Mac!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I installed yesterday, the MAC OS for 15 mins.

I was aware that the OS would not support my onboard sound and ethernet...meaning no internet. But, I also found several hidden glitches.

#1: My Geforce FX 5200 cannot display higher than 800x600.
#2: I have mouse controlling issues (When you start moving, it lags a bit...) which makes the operations harder
#3: MAC is not connected to the internet.
#4: All players are outdated and making me to get uppdates...BUT THERE IS NO INTERNET! (I slapped in a SB Live! 5.1 for sound)

Overall:
The graphics and operations are nice. The welcome is nice too, but for internet configuration, you are to manually set them...or maybe, if you leave them open, they will auto fill....I don't know.

The interface is nice. Easy to work on, but, seeing usr and share folder on CD, I am feeling Linux is behing it.

Also, the stability is good, but I had stuff outdated...

The installation is easy, but the estimated time is weird...It starts at 7 minuts, will slowly reach up to the 2 hrs...

The other part is that it does not need you to configure it during install, so you can get a coffee and whatch a movie. It will ask you at the Welcome screen.

Rating: Out of ten, due to the awareness of the MAC compability issues with my internet and sound card onboard...I will give this dude a 7.25/10.

Although, some board will have everything working fine, so we are OK with this.

Other thoughts: I don't well remember, but I think my SATA would not have worked either...not sure.

That emac is a bit slow :S
well for 300 bucks it aint bad, it seems soo fast though, even faster then my 2.4ghz laptop with 512mb ram
Wow, so which do you prefer now, linux or macs?
I still use linux on my other computer, but I personally think the Mac OS is much better. It is compatable with everything, unlike linux, which you need to use ndiswrapper and other things to get drivers working right. So right now I like Macs more then linux.

john123 said:
install mac on your pc and all your probs will go away :D

eMacs don't have Intel processors. They're older and they still carry the PowerPC processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom