anti virus subscription ran out.

k so my anti virus subscription ran out of norton system works 2004.

well, i cant get new virus updates, that is all, so i am thingking bout just uninstalling norton antivirus and still using the systemworks part of it.

what is the best free anti virus program out there, that is what i am basically asking.

Stop bumping :eek:

Voodoo Child, the same happened to me, and I just left it on, and it kept bugging me to subscribe.

Then after about 30 days, it wouldn't let me use the entire program, including the system parts. It just went "Sorry, you can't use this program now unless you subscribe".

So I just uninstalled, found a new registry cleaner, and got myself AVG, and I trust that antivirus just as much.

Its the best free one I believe.

There are lots of ones out there.

I personally stay away from AVG - I've seen reviews where it has been poor - and I use BitDefender, which is very good. Kaspersky is also very good.

Just take a look around and choose your favourite.

Stick with AVG. People who write bad reviews for it probably don't how to use it, or their comp is messed up so badly, that AVG can't do much. Use another program like Ad-Aware to combat spyware, and adaware.

Just choose which one you like best.

PerfectSK - I've had problems with AVG - it's been bugged and missed a couple of things which Kaspersky picked up.

It's usually just down to personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom