why are laptops so expensive?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
why do laptops cost so much money?!?! u can get the same stuff in a $500 laptop as in a $1500 laptop...

They cost alot because they are small and energy efficient. Those kind of processors and video cards cost a lot. I think I saw only 2 laptops with like a geforce 7, and they were over 2 grand. A barebone laptop with only a motherboard and a geforce 6 is over 800 dollars.

also, if the screen is of good quality, that can add a couple hundred dollars onto the price. also, the hardware needs to be not only small and power efficient, but it also has to be light, unless it is intended to be a desktop replacement.

Lol ^

Well, this is the way I look at it. If you want a mobile computer, get a laptop. You want a mobile gaming machine, get a PC and protect the case and take a light LCD.

I mean those gaming laptops cost you can arm and a leg.

DUUUUUDE!, ive seen a laptop with two 7900's in them. I mean expensive, yes, but is that not cool or what, lol..

they're expensive mainly because of the portability and it's efficiency in being able to do anything anywhere. compressing a desktop and all it's hardware into a small inch thick laptop cannot be an easy feat either. and yeah, the LCD is a big part of the price, since when people by custom desktops the monitor isn't included and if it is. that's another 250 dollars for a decent 19 inch.

the dell xm2010...yeah..

Ive seen a desktop mod, where he stuck a 17'' moniter in to the tower. I thought that was pretty tight.

Anyways, Advocate its the size of a thick 19'' :LCD haha, not light, but none the less it is portable.

Back
Top Bottom