Strange CS:S error

rakedog

Fully Optimized
I've been able to play CS:S on my Dell laptop for as long as the game has been out. However, I reformatted the box a few days ago, and put CS:S on it again.

I get a strange error: I can load the game up fine, but when I join/start a game, after a second or two, the screen goes black, but I can still hear sounds, see my ammo/hp, see the radar, etc. Just can't see the actual map. I've never gotten this before, so I have no idea what's wrong.

The lappy uses a ATI 9600 pro turbo mobile 128mb card.

I've tried using directX 8.1, no luck, CS:S won't use it. I've also downloded the latest driver set from ATI (hydrovision), but I get the same error. I've tweaked around with the CS:S graphics settings as well, changed most of them, no luck. Even tried running it in window mode, nothing.

Anyone know the possible cause of this? The game has always worked before...

it could possibly that your resolution that is set in CS: S is set to a resolution that your monitor cannot handle.

I've already tried to cycle through all the ones available in there. Didn't fix anything.

You know that DX 8.X is old, right? Im sure you do, just making sure, lol.

Sounds like bad drivers, redownload them.... Then come back, and tell us how it went.

Did that. I reinstalled the drivers that came with the laptop, did not work. Downloaded the hydravision drivers from ATI twice as well. No luck.

I know DX8 is old, but DX9 sometimes makes certain cards under certain circumstances run like shit. I tried it just in case.

... Read my post... I tried DX8, and it didn't work, so I went back to nine. I need a solution that does not involve DX8 therefore.

Back
Top Bottom