Getting in New HDD's

Yeah, I will wait for at least one more opinion before purchasing...

Seagate is prestigous, but I was initially looking at Western Digital. Unfortunately, it seems they didn't have an option that would be good for my needs, so I was left with Seagate. The external harddrives I spoke of above were from Maxtor, so that was obviously eliminated from my list :p

Seagate is great, do not worry. Very quiet drives, at any rate. I have all three companies in my computers. I have to say WD and Maxtor are far louder. Then again, my WD is a 10,000rpm.

Hm, yeah... have you ever tried suspending your hard drives with rubberbands? Max PC had a guide showing you how... I haven't tried it myself, as I'm too lazy :p, but apparently it's supposed to quiet things down.

Would make sense. A lot of the noise is vibration hitting the walls around it.

Gotta try that sometime.

G9 said:
Hm, yeah... have you ever tried suspending your hard drives with rubberbands? Max PC had a guide showing you how... I haven't tried it myself, as I'm too lazy :p, but apparently it's supposed to quiet things down.

hhmmn thats interesting, might have a look at that. Think i might suspend my mother from the roof with elastic bands as well, she makes alot of pointless noise.

If you want a second, rakedog is totally right, you can use faster drives, but they will drop in speed, just buy some nice SATA 150's.

I got a new Western digital Caviar Hd for fathers day from the kids, it is a 250 gig Sata drive. Yes my mobo supports sata raid Gigabyte ga k8ne, I have installed the drive went through the raid bios and set it up as a Joba ( reconizes it as a scsi drive) having issues accessing it, does not show up in the system properties as a HD have I done something wrong? or do I have to set the system up to use the Raid Drive as a boot device? atm I am using my ide hd as boot, wanting to use the raid drive as a third hd for storage space so that I can format my other HD to ntsf drives atm they are fat 32?
thanks in advance for advice
Mower

I have a question... as you might know, I'm getting this drive... does it come with its data and power cables, or do I have to purchase it seperately? And where would I plug in the power cable after plugging it into the hdd?

Back
Top Bottom