Occasional Freeze?

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello, for some reason I am not sure sometimes when I go to access something, weather it's looking into my D drive or click windows media player, sometimes as I click an icon or load a programme my pc will freeze then I will have to turn it off and on again, what causes computer freeze? also It only does it at random times I can never tell when it's going to do it. but it doesn't do it that often it just does it occasionaly but it is getting a little more frequent and gettting more irratating. I am running.

Celeron 2.6ghz (crud I know)
Memory: 786 megs
Graphics Card: 9550 ATI Radeon

I just have no idea why?

thanks for reading

sounds just you have a load of crap on your pc including viruses and spyware. just do the usual. get avg, spybot s & d, find a good online scanner such as trend micro, delete stuff you dont need, etc..

I have bitDefender 9 if that counts my dad went and bought it not long ago and told me to check it out, apprently it has a good kickass rating so far, it's a paying peice of software also it doesn't take much resources

Shall I use it?

why did he buy it. theres tons of free software out there that does the job. use it if you havent got any other protection.

Ok I will thanks alot, I am thinking of getting rid of it and getting a free peice that takes less resources, any ideas of a good combination to get that doesn't bogg the system down?

well i use avg antivirus and sygate firewall, zone alarm is also a good firewall. i also use other programs but them 2 are running all the time and i dont even notice they are running

dude1234 said:
well i use avg antivirus and sygate firewall, zone alarm is also a good firewall. i also use other programs but them 2 are running all the time and i dont even notice they are running
Yeah, I highly recommend AVG Antivirus for antivirus protection and Zone Alarm for firewalls. :D

Back
Top Bottom