Best Linux distro for this..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Sorry about the second thread..I have a few questions today!

What would be the best Linux distro for this..

• 600 Mhz Processor - P3 with SpeedStep
  • 256MB RAM
  • 12GB HDD

I really dont know, I want it to be permanent, fast, and have lots of features..

Thanks

yeah I'd go with ubuntu too.

And I'd really expect that the active members would make the threads in the right sections..

I was thinking ubuntu as well..might try it..

And I'd really expect that the active members would make the threads in the right sections..

What's wrong with here, I am asking advice, on choosing an operating system, based around particular hardware

Stop trying to point the finger at everybody, if I had really done, or have done something wrong, a mod can simple move it. Report the post if you want to, if you really want the bother.

I just followed that link and downloaded ubuntu. Chose save to disc. Download completed and winrar opened. Chose not to unrar it thinking I would do it later. Now I can't find it on my system. Great, 697mbs gone into thin air. Can't believe it's not saved the file.

First impressions of Linux aren't going so well!

Ok, I have ordered ubuntu via LaunchPad, should be here with 4 weeks. I ordered all ten CD's, 5 for 32-bit computers, 3 for 64-bit computers, and 2 for Mac.

Cheers guys

joxley1990 said:
What's wrong with here, I am asking advice, on choosing an operating system, based around particular hardware

Well I just think that this should be in the Operating systems section because the question is most related to operating systems. No need to feel offended, I was just saying it because there really is a lot of threads in here which should be posted in their own section. (that's why the sections are there right?)

Back
Top Bottom