AOL In the afterlife (sad story)

my mom is dead.

she is dead, she was in a car crash

she got impaled by a pipe and is now freaking dead.

"i am sorry she is not happy with her service"

lmfao

People really need just to throw the lawyer spin at AOL more often. I mean its like ok fine, don't cancel my account, i'll get my backpayments and anice settlement anyways after my lawyer contacts you. You guys have no idea on how well ok, fine my lawyer will be contacting you scares thes hit out of major companies.

im not trying to be racist or anything here... but in UK call centres they should hire more english people if you know what i mean. its just easier to understand them and they actually understand what you are saying to them

Voodoo Child said:
my mom is dead.

she is dead, she was in a car crash

she got impaled by a pipe and is now freaking dead.

"i am sorry she is not happy with her service"

lmfao

how the hell can you call that funny?!?

i feel sorry for her family :( thats the big cooperation morons for you...

discrase. the person who said that deserves to die a long and painful death.

Unfortunately, it is a sad state of affairs, and a sign of the lack of caring, in todays modern society.

Its all about money, I have seen this kind of thing happen a number of times, clients come to me, in tears, because they can't get their benefits sorted, and utility companies not willing to deal with them, because their partner, or parents have died no consideration for the feelings, absolutely heartless.

I have had final demand letters going to the deceased, that sort of thing.........

And Voodoo child, no matter how you look at it, its not funny, and if you find it amusing, then I feel sorry for you.

GlasseyeUK said:
Unfortunately, it is a sad state of affairs, and a sign of the lack of caring, in todays modern society.

Its all about money, I have seen this kind of thing happen a number of times, clients come to me, in tears, because they can't get their benefits sorted, and utility companies not willing to deal with them, because their partner, or parents have died no consideration for the feelings, absolutely heartless.

I have had final demand letters going to the deceased, that sort of thing.........

And Voodoo child, no matter how you look at it, its not funny, and if you find it amusing, then I feel sorry for you.
yeah, unfortunately it always happens with the big companies

Hah, if you thought that was bad, just wait to see how long it'll take you to cancel your AOL account (if you were dumb enough to even join AOL in the first place).

Here's the article from Anandtech

Anandtech said:
We've all heard horror stories of just how bad AOL's Internet service and customer service are, but one man recorded a conversation with an AOL CSR that is enough to make even the most tolerant person pull his or her hair out.

Vincent Ferrari simply wanted to call in to cancel his AOL account, but his request to cancel the account simply resulted in over 5 minutes of nonsense as the CSR tried everything within his power to keep Vincent as a customer. Here part of the transcript courtesy of MSNBC:

Ferrari: I want to cancel my account.
AOL: OK. I mean, is there a problem with the software itself?
Ferrari: No. I don't use it. I don't need it. I don't want it.
AOL: Last year, last month it was 545 hours of usage.
Ferrari: I don't know how to make it any clearer. So I'm just gonna say it one last time. Cancel the account.
AOL: Well, explain to me what is wrong.
Ferrari: I'm not explaining anything to you. Cancel the account.

According to MSNBC, Vincent has received a verbal apology from AOL and the CSR in question has been fired. “At AOL, we have zero-tolerance for customer care incidents like this - which is deeply regrettable and also absolutely inexcusable. The employee in question violated our customer service guidelines and practices, and everything that AOL believes to be important in customer care - chief among them being respect for the member, and swiftly honoring their requests. This matter was dealt with immediately and appropriately, and the employee cited here is no longer with the Company,” said AOL spokesman Nicholas Graham.

One must ask how any Vincent was even able to tolerate AOL service for more than five years?

If you want, here's the whole story from MSNBC

Yea I know poor guy fired. Those poeple get paid to annoy us, it isn't the poeple its the company ploicy behind it!

Back
Top Bottom