Fan Controller

tenzo

Solid State Member
I'm about to get a fan controller for my pc but I reasearched and found out that my fans need to have 3 pins. My current fans have 4 pins and i'm not sure if buying an adapter will work because

1) the adapters are rare

2) the rpm sensor thing might not work

does anyone know how the rpm sensor thing work?

thanks

tenzo said:
I'm about to get a fan controller for my pc but I reasearched and found out that my fans need to have 3 pins. My current fans have 4 pins and i'm not sure if buying an adapter will work because

1) the adapters are rare

2) the rpm sensor thing might not work

does anyone know how the rpm sensor thing work?

thanks

Not to rare lol, a quick newegg seach brought me this, and these are exactly what you will need.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16812189119

2. It will work, the 3 pins, will send a message to the fan controller or watver, to the mobo, and see how much voltage is going into it, and that will tell it how much rpms its at. Trust me, I have a 4 pin fan, converted into 3, then plugged it into the mobo, and I could adjust the rpm...Hope that helps man. :D

What kind of controller are you looking at? Zalman, Vantec, and Thermaltake make some nice fan controllers and whole computers that read the temp and everything.

My fans were just the opposite, they are 3 pin on the fan and came with 3 pin to 4 pin adapters with an extra 4 pin connector on them so you don't lose one when you plug it in. They are Vantec Stealth fans.

Most fan controllers have the adapters included, so check to see if it does, and if it doesn't, buy them.

Back
Top Bottom