Need Help.....Bootup Problem

jbronkella

Beta member
I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX370DS. Last week a surge fried the motherboard. I bought a new MicroATX motherboard and installed it today. I also got a new Pentium 4 Processor with the board and 1GB of DDR Ram too. I got it all hooked up and running, but when it tried to boot a blue screen came up and said "Windows Has stopped loading. It could cause trouble to your computer" The hard drive is about 1 week older than the new Processor/Motherboard. Then after a short pause, it shuts down. I tried loading Safe Mode, Last known good configuration, but nothing. Then I tried to use the Windows XP CD, but it went straight to shutdown. Now I am out of Ideas on what to do. What do you think?

maybe you could try another different operating system (if you can get your hands on one) to see if the problem still presists. Maybe try downloading the vista beta version from a different computer installing it on your hardrive and then try booting up form that.

Is the exact error message something more like this:

"Windows has stopped loading to prevent damage to your machine..."

?

The problem might have come from putting new hardware on an OS that was already configured to the drivers and hardware of what it was installed on.

Try safe mode: "no" to last known recovery point and "no" to restore from last known point

07mackenzie said:
Is the exact error message something more like this:

"Windows has stopped loading to prevent damage to your machine..."

?

The problem might have come from putting new hardware on an OS that was already configured to the drivers and hardware of what it was installed on.

Try safe mode: "no" to last known recovery point and "no" to restore from last known point
well did you reinstall your OS, becuase if you just put that new mobo and cpu etc without installing the drivers first than windows wont work right. You need to reinstall becuase windows thinks that using a diffrent mobo cpu driver mit damge your hardware, so reinstall ;)

Well. the disk drive is 3 weeks old, so it should be ok. I got the XP disk to load the computer and it let me start a reinstall of XP. It had me delete the partition and reset up the new partition and set up the new drive, then it shut itself down and there is no OS now........what should I do now. I can get a copy of Windows 98 complete install then upgrade it to XP since the only XP disk I have is an Upgrade CD.......Do you think that will work?

That's strange, your positive you did re-install the OS? Maybe, when the other parts surged, the HDD got damaged as well, you could of got a sudden rush in the IDE cable, which can cause them to stop working. You got another one you can try?

Back
Top Bottom