Nooby networking question

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
I just got done installing my new motherboard and I'm having some problems connecting to the internet. Right now there is a router in my brothers room(not wireless) and I have the ethernet cord plugged into my computer. Now all I need is to be able to connect ot the internet through it. I ahve tried running the network setup wizard but it isnt working. This is a stupid question I know but I am clueless when it comes to networking.

Have you had a look under network connections under the control panel wizard? Did you install the Ethernet drivers from your new motherboard's CD? You can also probably find them on the web, what motherboard did you get?

Can you connect to the internet while your brother's computer is on and no connection when it's off? Try turning off the firewall to see if it will let you go through.

Jamxx said:
Have you had a look under network connections under the control panel wizard? Did you install the Ethernet drivers from your new motherboard's CD? You can also probably find them on the web, what motherboard did you get?
Wow I forgot about the drivers. I will have to go install them right now. I got a DFI Ultra D. Haven't been able to play with it though because of no internet.

Haha, I always forget the drivers too. Have a look under Device Manager and make sure everything is accounted for and installed properly.

Well I didn't get a drivers CD with my DFI board but thankfully the ones from my evga one worked fine. So now I'm posting from my computer. Thanks for the reminder Jamxx

No problem, that's what we're here for. Although, I'm a bit surprised you got the eVGA ones to work. But hey, if they do, then that's great! Glad you have it sorted. ;)

Jamxx said:
No problem, that's what we're here for. Although, I'm a bit surprised you got the eVGA ones to work. But hey, if they do, then that's great! Glad you have it sorted. ;)
Well they both use the same chipset which is why it works.

Back
Top Bottom