Mac vs. Dell

I have a Dell at home and i use a HP at work, both laptop's i have no problems with either one they both run great with mininal problems.

I checked out IBuyPower.com, it's pretty nice, and the first one I seen and liked was the CLS Turbo. It looks nice, it's very poweful, and it's not expensive at all.

Thank you my point has been seen :) Sahed, just a quick computer lesson.

Chances are the product you look at when you are shopping for some techonolgy wise won't be the same you buy :)

Like I said before, Acers are good quality and very cheap so they are a good choice if you are looking for a laptop. :) I like HP's too :D

Yeah, I even talked to my cousin and friend today and they even told me $1300 for what I wanted is cheap. Now seeing as my birthday is in less then a week, maybe they'll let me get one.

recon 16 said:
TRUST ME YOU WANT A MAC!!!! IMO they ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!!! GO FOR MAC! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

Wow, my fanboy radar is going off like crazy.

Mac laptops aren't bad, but they've deproved in quality lately. There are numerous reports of poor construction like the black Macbook having the paint flake off. Some have even had the batteries catch on fire and destroy the notebook. Few have had fading palmrests, so instead of silver it becomes yellowish white. Heck, even factory construction sucks now. Some have had the plastic guards for the ventilation ports left on, resulting in heat being collected inside eventually locking up the laptop. Some have been taken apart and the owners were shocked to see massive amounts of thermal paste applied, resulting in the paste being an insulator instead of a conductor.

So if you're going to get a Mac, wait for quality to improve or just buy a Dell. The XPS series has improved over the years, and now it's one of the best notebook series in the market. IBuyPower isn't bad either. ASUS has some nice laptops too.

Oh and if you're really going to get the Macbook and you're looking for good performance, just run Windows XP instead of Mac OS X. It's been proven by Maximum PC that Intel powered Macs run Windows XP faster than Mac OS X in EVERY app they tested. That included games, photoshop, EVERYTHING they tested, heck even apps that were Mac Universal certified ran on Windows XP better than Mac OS X.

Mac OS X is damn pretty -no doubt about that. When it comes to performance, it's like the guy who rolls up to a stoplight in a pristine supercar only to be smoked by the clapped-out hooptie with a fender missing in the next lane. *Analogy courtesy of Maximum PC

My apologies to the Mac fanboy, and you know who you are. :p

macs succk
you know why
cause the average user cant figure out how to use it
like in the mac hater movie
why the hell dose the Mac os make shortcuts when you drag and drop from a music CD
it makes absolutly no sence.

Mac is idiot proof, it's really easy to use

why the hell dose the Mac os make shortcuts when you drag and drop from a music CD

You have to just hold down the apple key, then you get some options, then just choose copy, something along those lines.

Have you ever had any experience with Mac OS X?

Wow. I just saw another one of those Mac vs. PC commericials on TV when the Mac guy and the fat PC guy were in a box and the Mac guy was goin to edit a video or do his website or something and the PC guy was coming but the PC needed to download and install drivers and get the other part of him but the Mac guy worked right out of the box or something.

*sigh*

Jordan Pardy said:
Wow. I just saw another one of those Mac vs. PC commericials on TV when the Mac guy and the fat PC guy were in a box and the Mac guy was goin to edit a video or do his website or something and the PC guy was coming but the PC needed to download and install drivers and get the other part of him but the Mac guy worked right out of the box or something.

*sigh*
Haha, I know it's not true, but it's still funny.

Back
Top Bottom