Volume bar not showing up on my monitor

unicron

Solid State Member
The green volume bar indicator doesn't display on my monitor when I adjust the volume anymore. How do I fix this? I recently installed trial versions of AnyDVD, CloneDVD2 and DVDFab Platinum if this helps. I have a HP WinXP Media center edition PC.

I had a problem close to that. My volume wouldn't show in the toolbar and the sound wasn't working with any music or videos. I messed around with the hardware wizard and uninstalled a sound drive that wasn't working. It went back to normal after that.

I recommend you don't do this, though. My computer is old and out of date so I can mess with it. I don't think you should do that unless you know what you're doing and you really want the sound, AND if it's a last resort.

Here's my problem...

When I press the up/down audio buttons on my keyboard, a visual indicator displays on screen showing the sound level. The volume bars no longer display.

I went to the HP site and they did have a software/driver update, but it did not work once I turned off and on the PC.

Here's an illustration:
Desktop.jpg

Yeah, I get the same bars when I change the volume but it only works when all the keyboard software is installed and running in the background.

Jordan Pardy said:
Yeah, I get the same bars when I change the volume but it only works when all the keyboard software is installed and running in the background.

I've had my HP Media Center m7250n Pc for the past 7 months and yesterday the volume bars just wasn't there anymore. Strange.

There are driver incompatiblility issues with certain HP keyboards and windows update. The above link may help you.

Back
Top Bottom