I Just Dropped My Laptop!!!!!!

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
:eek: I just dropped my laptop trying to bring it back to my desk, i had it turned on and the LCD was up, and the hard drive was spinning. When i was trying to bring my laptop to my desk i knocked something off the wall, not thinking I had a laptop in my hand i grabed the thing on the wall, there went my laptop.
It dropped from a few feet off the ground (i was standing up and i'm 6 foot). So then i see it in slow motion falling upside down LCD first as it was open. Then i hear a *WHAMMM* and the lcd lid closed as it impacted the hard floor.
Right about now I start shaking lol, as i go to pick it up i notice it was sleeping which ment the hard drive must have shut off??? So i lift it off the ground pull the lid back up and it resums from sleeping to my desktop with AIM open. WHEWWW i thought to myself, i further examined the laptop and not a scrach is on the thing!!!! Somehow it must have sensed it was falling and shut the hard drive down, because it would be hard to believe a spinning hard dirve could survive such a drop. Well that was the excitement of the day for me :p

Anyone else have an experience like this?

Please don't post in my other thread as it is a double, i got a error message saying the thread didn't go threw so i reposted it and now there is 2???

Damn dude what kind of laptop do you have and what are the specs lol indestructibale lol ive never ever dropped my laptop

jac006 said:
What kind of labtop is it? make/model/year?
it's a HP pavillion ze4540 it's going on 3 years old this year, 512mb ram, ATI graphics card, 2.4ghz processor.

Damn, I would of been having palpitations, but I remember an advertising campaign, I think it was IBM that said their laptops were designed to shut down when they were dropped.

Back
Top Bottom