hotel cameras

Yeah, which is a shame..there was a question on my forum about a computer that had been shutting down for no reason, and that computer was simply for watchin security cameras, and that was a stand-alone computer, wasn't on any network.

That's the safest thing to do, keep that plug empty!

setishock said:
Having designed and installed state of the art security for 25 years and currently in the hotel industry for the last 10, I can answer that.
Cameras are allow in hallways and elevators. Also in the lobby and other non private areas. BUT when it come to the rented rooms that is a serious no no. By law they are not allowed as it's a blatant invasion of privacey. If you find one in the rented room yourself, get a good sharp lawyer.
Yeah I always thought they were illegal.

Good to see you again seti!

dont they have cams in the big brother bathroom? i know its a tv show but still.... they are filming all the time

Not when people are like doing private things, such as when they are totally naked..they have shown boobs, but nothing else. The housemates signed a contract saying they were happy with it anyway, so the BB producers have sufficent permission.

It is actually illegal to videotape people with sound without them knowing, it is not illegal to videotape without sound without them knowing. Just think of everywhere you are on camera, in malls, stores, gas stations and you are on camera in a bank from the second you walk in to the second you walk out. None of that is illegal. It IS illegal when it invades your privacy, like in a hotel room.

Besides, when I go to a hotel room, I bring my own camera...:D

Back
Top Bottom