Admin access/Bandwidth control

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello.
I am currently running a home network at home, I have a fustrating problem,
My brother downloads of peer to peers etc torrents, and it compleatly slows everyone in the house down, it compleatly stresses me out, I am unable to load msn because of the network resources are so low, it takes ages to load a website or if it does atall,

My question is.. I unfortunetly don't own a router with bandwidth control on it, I own a ZYXEL Prestige 324 router. I am quite experienced to run my network so there's no worries there, I am just woundering is there anyway I can make my pc the admin and disconnect my brother when I feel and limit his bandwidth etc, anything, is there any admin tools I can do on my pc that can control bandwidth in my network, I also was going to make my pc a server for the network so that I could run it but it would of been too much hassle so I didn't go ahead with it.

Is there any admin tools I can do or make myself admin for the network?

Thanks

x0r515t said:
You could use a network tool such as ettercap to alter/intercept his traffic:
http://ettercap.sourceforge.net/

This really wont do what he wants.

The only thing I can really think of is intercepting his traffic, and screwing it up so his program disconnects. Or unplugging the network cables.

In yoru setup, every PC is equal, no PC is an "admin". However their is bandwidth limiting software you can install on his PC.

Back
Top Bottom