which virus restart the computer ??

e-girl

Solid State Member
hi all
what is the name of virus which restarts the computer ?
and
where is it located ?
and
how to remove it ?

try a virus checker like avg and trend micro (google them). try hijack this aswell (and post the log the program creates in this thread), look through all your windows folders for dogey looking files and folders and delete them. this method should clear some nasties from your pc

i had a virus like this. kept restarting on startup. could also be the psu though.

AMD XP 2200+
MSI KM3MV
2x 256 DDR 333mhz
80gig Hard drive

Well here is the thing. I took the harddrive from a computer that is working fine. And I'm still having that problem. I sent the motherboard back to the MFR to have a new one sent to me. I got a new powersupply with more watts (400W). New Video card, new memory stick. And I'm still having this problem.

Now the harddrive that I took out of the computer that isn't working and put it in the computer system that is working. And that hard drive works fine OS starts up no problem and working properly.

I disconnected everything except the new heatsink,cpu and memory. I took the motherboard out of the case and tried it that way. Still does it. I'm wondering if the CPU is damaged or something. Since that is the only thing I haven't changed or checked. I have noticed that when the cpu is pulled out of the socket for a while and put back in new heatsink. It will start up the OS fine and it was running (I was shocked). For about 4mins then it automatically restarted. And gets worse to the point it just gooes pass the BOIS part and restart. I'm at the end of my rope with this crazy problem.

Any info you have will help. Thanks.

e-girl said:
hi all
what is the name of virus which restarts the computer ?
and
where is it located ?
and
how to remove it ?

that would be known as the sasser virus...

here << is the link for the fix

here << if the above link don't work

Blaster was the one that did the countdown similar to issuing "shutdown -r -t 30" in your run bar...either way download Stinger.... http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

from McAfee and it will find most modern viruses, and it's not a full anti-virus program, so it's very fast. no installation necessary

why has a 3 month old thread being ressurected lol? ... i think i ended up formatting to fix mine but the tools available will also work

Back
Top Bottom