Newegg price gouging

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
what's with the increase in price on my ram sticks from newegg.com which i have been keeping an eye on? they were $169, and now they're $209!!! and to think, i didn't buy them at $169 because i was waiting for the price to drop a little! has anyone else noticed neweggs prices going up on anything else lately? here is the link for the ram i've been wanting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146575

Yeah, im sure its not newegg. Although, it wouldnt surprize me if it was, because the whole newegg moving to Europe thing is going to cost alotta money, so.... Well yeah, lol

DJ-CHRIS said:
Prices fluctuate.

thanks for your great comment. i know they fluctuate, and watched them go up and down several dollars for over a month, but then suddenly to jump $40 overnight??? that seems a little more than normal price fluctuation!

Why spend $169 on value memory anyways? The memory I have is about that price right now and is A LOT better.

The Amish Kid said:
Why spend $169 on value memory anyways? The memory I have is about that price right now and is A LOT better.

amish, care to share where you see 2GB (2 x 1GB) of PC3200 184-pin 400Mhz ram for about that price now, that is also a major brand like crucial? i would love to know, cause i've been searching.....

and jordan, it wasn't a one day deal....like i said, the price had been right around $169 for like a month, and was not a sale or anything (at least it was never labeled a sale or hot item or anything).

and value ram is just fine for my use....i don't game, and have a dell, so the overclocking is out too. and, it was a pretty good bargain at $169, but no way i'm paying $209 for it.

Back
Top Bottom