2 questions about getting linux

mammikoura

Golden Master
1. Which one do u recommend? Looking for something quite basic, something that is easy to use.

2. What was the program that lets u run Windows based games on linux?

well I'll then answer my own questions since no one else wants to! :D

1. I was thinking about Gentoo. Looks quite difficult, atleast the installation part. But I was thinking of giving it a try since it looks great and seems to be quite versatile. Still hoping some one to tell their opinion since I've never actually used Gentoo.

2. Wine

mammikoura said:
well I'll then answer my own questions since no one else wants to! :D

1. I was thinking about Gentoo. Looks quite difficult, atleast the installation part. But I was thinking of giving it a try since it looks great and seems to be quite versatile. Still hoping some one to tell their opinion since I've never actually used Gentoo.

2. Wine

Gentoo is not easy to install. You will either have a hard time or not install it properly. I would suggest Ubuntu...since it is much more user-friendly and it is a little more better.

lhuser said:
Gentoo is not easy to install. You will either have a hard time or not install it properly. I would suggest Ubuntu...since it is much more user-friendly and it is a little more better.

Yeah, I was so confused while reading the installation guide. I'll take a look at ubuntu when I have the time.

Back
Top Bottom