Mac vs. Dell

Sahed

Baseband Member
Well, my mom is letting me buy a laptop. Now I've worked hard for my money and would like to know which is better; a Mac or Dell. I'm not a computer genius so I'm going to need a little helpon which is the better decision, I've come up with the following:

Mac:
-New intel chip that allows for Mac to use Windows products
-Protection against all viruses

Dell XPS:
-Could be less expensive
-Very good with games (I think)

Now, all I want is a laptop that can play games at good quality and speed. Which one of these laptops can provide that for me, without being to expensive. I am willing to pay up to around $1,000. (I'd spend more, but Burger King isn't career type of job) :D

TRUST ME YOU WANT A MAC!!!! IMO they ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!!! GO FOR MAC! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

Haha, thanks. My bro said he can get me a Macbook with the new intel chip for $900.

Just to clarify myself, they can use Window's games, right?

Sahed said:
Haha, thanks. My bro said he can get me a Macbook with the new intel chip for $900.

Just to clarify myself, they can use Window's games, right?
Cod2 there is a mac version, and you can run windows either embedded, or with boot camp, meaning that you can switch back and forth between windows and mac in a matter of seconds.

Yeah, but that's require tons of power, which, my Mac has none of. It's just that my brother told me that I can finally play Window games, such as Counter-Strike. I have to talk to him. Heh, to tell you the truth, I might not even get a computer. I asked my mom for one and she said to ask my dad, and my dad is very cheap. He would just tell me to use this hunk of junk until I go to college.

you can install windows on the mac, so you just reboot and choose which one you want. and the other way around, you can install mac on a pc. doesnt really matter.

I checked with the XPS and it looks awesome. The laptop looks very nice (love the lights) and it has lots of power. The only setback is that it's $1,300 :O. My mom was in shock when she heard that because I seen a commercial for the XPS for $500. I knew that it was a plain system, but I didn't think it was just a glowing box. I'd get it if my mom lets me, but I doubt she will.

Now to John. I know I can do all that, I just want to know which one is more powerful. The OS sin't a huge deal, it's about how powerful and how much it is that's mostly concerning me.

How about this get Windows then idk get a extenral harddrive and install mac to it and see if you like it if you dont then jsut forget about it

Back
Top Bottom