New rep points system

Uhh... what do you think?

Uhh... another thing: When David said that you earn points for how long you've been here and your posts and all that, does he mean before he got put it in the new ranks and all that or will it continue like next year someone will have more points than before.

Linux Guru said:
lets see i "have a spectacular aurora about" i'm guessing that is good, WOOOT!
That's good, one below me, & no, I'm not being sarcastic, you've been very generous with advice, I can't help noticing! :D & you've only been with us a little while, were you a member before??

Jordan Pardy said:
Uhh... what do you think?

Uhh... another thing: When David said that you earn points for how long you've been here and your posts and all that, does he mean before he got put it in the new ranks and all that or will it continue like next year someone will have more points than before.
Dunno, but I guess it's an on-going thing, that's if it lasts til next year, he did say he'd review it according to opinions, so it's anybodys guess.

One thing I don't understand is people talking about glitches / flaws in the reputation system? Can someone give an example or something? Lol... I might either be blind or not see any flaws.

Jordan Pardy said:
One thing I don't understand is people talking about glitches / flaws in the reputation system? Can someone give an example or something? Lol... I might either be blind or not see any flaws.
For one thing there's a member, freshly joined, six posts, who, according to David's list should be zero rated, but he isn't, I've pointed this out to David, awaiting a reply, other discrepancies?, you judge, go around several forums & check a load, you'll see.

Oh, okay... I will later lol, I haven't really payed attention to the reputation system much anyway. Thanks Brookfield :)

Brookfield said:
That's good, one below me, & no, I'm not being sarcastic, you've been very generous with advice, I can't help noticing! :D & you've only been with us a little while, were you a member before??
Thanks a lot :cool: , I have about 4 months yet before I hit the 1 year mark, what do you mean by "were you a member before??" are you asking if i had an old name, then changed it? My old name used to be "Teencompwiz2" but that seemed kind of weird/really geeky so i changed it to "Linux Guru" even though that is almost the same :D

Back
Top Bottom