free dial-up

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
ok guys, if my internet connection ever goes out or something, I would like to have a backup, so I was thinking about free dial-up. anyone know of any good ones?

I don't know if there are any free dial up, and I am assuming you are in the states, so I really wouldn't know. However over here, you can often have a back up dial up connection which just costs the rate of a cheap rate local call, so if the connection goes down you can or you do something to the connection then you can still get access.

My problem is that I have long got rid of the modem in my PCI slot to free it up and create better airflow, but I can always whack it back in I guess

There are lots that offer 10 free hours a month.

I used http://www.juno.com/ before I got DSL. I do not know if that still offer a free 10 per month packege. But I was on wayyyy more then ten hours a month adn they never said anything...altough that might be because I used my schools address and princable phone number :D

so does netzero, and i believe netscape has a 10 hour a month thing (but im not sure on that one)

john123 said:
ok guys, if my internet connection ever goes out or something, I would like to have a backup, so I was thinking about free dial-up. anyone know of any good ones?

Would you be that desperate for the internet though, a few hours wouldnt hurt..

LMAO 40 bucks for dail up, HAHA I'd never pay that. Yes you can get free dail up. Its highly unreiable and crappy. My ISP gave us dail up as a back service thing is my PC doesn't support 56k modem. But if I ever loose internet i normally just watch a movie and if I do get on dail up its check e-mail maybe CF and log out.

Once you've seen what a 10 MB connection does a 56k is simply unbearable.

Back
Top Bottom