Fixing Computers for someone, dead dead HELP!!!!!

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
I got 2 computers from someone to fix, none of them respond at all (or even turn on). From what she said they seem to have sufford from a power surge of some kind.
I inspected the computers all over and all the parts seem intact (no burn marks at all). I then checked the power supply out, and that seemed to be the problem, so i ordered a new one from newegg and tested the power supply in both computers, with no luck at all.
The computers are totally dead no response at all. One is a very new Emachines computer and the other is a few year old custom computer. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

-also i'm trying to figure out how to reconnect the hdd light, power light ect. from one of the comps, cuz i accidently bumped them out. The motherboard is a Chufon.

you might ahve to replace more than just the power supply. if it is a power surge then it could of fried all of the components.

Fisher said:
you might ahve to replace more than just the power supply. if it is a power surge then it could of fried all of the components.
that's what i'm thinking, it might be a total loss.

did you try the other hardware in one of your working computers? maybe just the motherboards are fried, while other internals are still intact

yeah youre going to have to pin point what hardware is causing the problem. Youre going to have to put one component at a time in a good working computer and when the good computer doesnt start you have your problem!

Linux Guru said:
-also i'm trying to figure out how to reconnect the hdd light, power light ect. from one of the comps, cuz i accidently bumped them out. The motherboard is a Chufon.

did they give you a manual for your motherboard? coz that might tell you where to reconnect them. I dont know anything about Chufon mobos so i cant really help there

Back
Top Bottom