hotel cameras

What are the chances of a rental home having cameras in them? I know they might have them on the outside and in hallways but what about the rooms themself? If there are cameras I wont want to ever stay in hotels or rental homes.

well whatever you gotta do just do it in the bathroom. cameras aren't allowed in there. that's for sure.

kchi55 said:
well whatever you gotta do just do it in the bathroom. cameras aren't allowed in there. that's for sure.

Is that illegal or something? I think I've read something about that before but I can't remember... :confused:

Having designed and installed state of the art security for 25 years and currently in the hotel industry for the last 10, I can answer that.
Cameras are allow in hallways and elevators. Also in the lobby and other non private areas. BUT when it come to the rented rooms that is a serious no no. By law they are not allowed as it's a blatant invasion of privacey. If you find one in the rented room yourself, get a good sharp lawyer.

I always have a good snoop about in hotel rooms, never ever come across a camera in my room.

If you have access to the hotel network, and can get the ip addresses of the cameras, you could just kill them anyway..:p

joxley1990 said:
I always have a good snoop about in hotel rooms, never ever come across a camera in my room.

If you have access to the hotel network, and can get the ip addresses of the cameras, you could just kill them anyway..:p

That is if they are hooked up to the network.

On Many occasions those cameras have their own network, cut off from user interference. (ie no physical connection between personal computer usage and security networking)

Back
Top Bottom