Help win 98 is freezing

Check you have the most up to date graphics driver for ummmm that graphics card and then in the game you will have to set everything to low to even stand a chance that it will run.....Good luck!!!

When was the last time you cleaned out your PCs inards? Dust can build up within the CPU heatsink/fan increasing temperatures. You may be able to monitor system temperatures with Speedfan (search Google).

Have you installed all the updates for windows 98? Is it just a problem with this game (NFS2 Underground). Are you sure the onboard graphics is capable of playing that? Updated motherboard drivers (very important) and BIOS? Could be a driver conflict somewhere.

When you go into controlpanel>device manager is there anything there with a yellow caution sign or red exclamation?

What make and model is your motherboard and what chipset does the onboard graphics use?

Windows 98...*puts a cross and screams "WINDOWS 2000, WHERE ART THOU?"*

on another note...dude... your kinda like I am... stuck on a piece of crap! (look at the third pc in my signature)

you probably have some sort of over heating problem..

SLIPKNOTN21 said:
First why do you have windows 98? no offense :)

considering how he has a mere 64 megs of ram, his choices are quite limited. (unless we include linux)

2000 would run..horribly slow, but would run.

I got my new pc for free,My pc (my parents old one) crashed,i was at work,my parents jumped to conclusions and bought a new one before i got to look at it so they gave it to me.My last computer was 600 Mhz 256mb ram and 16 mb shared graphics wit win98 and 20gb hdd so it is a BIG change.

Back
Top Bottom