Which speaker set? Logitech Z-2300 or X-530?

cazzy160344

Baseband Member
Hi everyone! I've decided to upgrade my speaker set.

I've got my two choices as the X-530 and the Z-2300. I read about the X-530 on here and just reviews on the net. On here, people say it's really good and definately worth it considering how cheap it is. On the internet reviews however, they've said that the bass is too "boomy" and that it shakes and rattles.

The reason I was thinking about the x-530 is that I've never tried surround sound before and I like the idea of like..different sounds and textures and stuff!

Z-2300...because...I heard it's really good. I haven't heard anything bad about these speakers so far.

I'm just thinking, are the z-2300's that much better that they are worth the extra $$ over the X-530's?

Basically, I'm not sure what to pick...if you have anything to say...please do!

Oh BTW, I'm into my music...always listen to it, like all types, rock, hip hop, rnb, bit of funk, dance, grunge anything!

cazzy160344 said:
I'm just thinking, are the z-2300's that much better that they are worth the extra $$ over the X-530's?
YES YES YES

Go with the Z-2300's...two words...THX Certified.
I have them and I can verify that these speakers are awesome, sound quality second to none and the bass is incredible. If you are really into your music, you need these speakers.
You WON'T be disappointed, I promise.

Yeah, I listen to all kinds of music too, all the time. I'm never on the PC and not listening to music. I have a petty Creative Inspire 2.1 set, so they aren't up to much, but I still like the bass.

Anyhow, the Logitech 2.1 set, the z2300 will blow my system, and probably your previous system away.

Even though its only 2.1, with music, it doesn't matter unless you have a Dolby Pro Logic 2 decoder onboard within software, or hardware. Otherwise, the sound is the same on all anyway, and pretty much pointless.

If you did want 4.1 surround sound later on (No point with 5.1 for music I don't think), just buy another cheaper set for the back, as the bass on the z300's (because they are brilliant speakers) would fill the cheaper ones as well (Bass can seem like its coming from all directions) (Good tip from me :p As I do that). Then, just buy Power DVD, and get the added option of Pro-Logic 2 as the decoder, and you'll have sound coming differently from all channels. Without that, on a standard player like Media Player, you'll just get sound coming out the same on all, trust me.

But yeah, the Z2300 system would have excellent bass, and unlike my Creative set, will not be shy to lower end signals, and won't distort because of it. THX certification also means it gets the thumbs up from the guys down at lucasarts for quality, and endurance.

I hope this helps.

EDIT:

Product Specifications - Z-2300

* Total RMS power: 200 watts RMS <- Look at that power available
o Satellites: 80 watts RMS (2 x 40W)
o Subwoofer: 120 watts RMS
* Total peak power: 400 watts
* Frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHZ <- Thats excellent response
* Amplifier: Ultra-linear, high capacity analog
* Drivers:
o Satellites: 2.5" polished aluminum phase plug driver
o Subwoofer: 8" long-throw ported driver with 6th order bass reflex enclosure
* Speaker dimensions (H x W x D):
o Satellites: 6.75" x 3.5" x 6"
o Subwoofer: 11" x 11" x 15"
* Signal-to-noise ratio @ 1Khz: >100dB
* SoundTouchâ„¢ wired remote control:
o Master volume
o Subwoofer volume
o Headphone jack
o Power/Standby

Product Specifications - X-230:

Technical Specifications

* Total RMS power: 32 watts RMS <- No where near as powerful
o Satellites: 12 watts RMS (6 watts x 2)
o Subwoofer: 20 watts RMS
* Total peak power: 64 watts
* Frequency response: 40Hz - 20kHz <- Less of the lower frequencies
* Drivers:
o Satellites: (2) 2" drivers per satellite
o Subwoofer: 5.25" ported driver
* Speaker dimensions (H x W x D):
o Satellites: 8" x 2.5" x 3"
o Subwoofer: 9" x 6" x 9.25"
* Signal-to-noise ratio: >96dB

Theres apsolutely no comparison!

Thanks for the replies everyone!!

I was always leaning towards the Z-2300 cos I heard it's AWESOME but this just convinced me totally. Thanks for the opinions everyone!!

and yes Kage thanks to you! Definately helped!

Caroline.

p.s. i shall pop up some pics when everything's set up!

Good choice, X is budget soundsystem they are good not going say they aren't i own a pair myself but if I would ever get to decide between them and the Zs it'd be hands down the Zs. Good choice :)

Back
Top Bottom