Just Got Attacked

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Had Some Automated Scripts attack my system just now. Got the ip (i had just rebooted, it was the only connection) in netstat, made my firewall shut off all ports except one that i used to connect to their system threw an ftp transfer, sent them a program to disable their protection (uninstall known antivirus and spyware removal software) then sent them viruses myself (alot of them)

But then after I was done scanning my system and removing everything, as soon as i open my firewall for standard everyday usage, i get hit again

This time from multiple computers (37) and they end up freezing my system to a hault.

I called a friend (its 1:29 in the morning by the way haha) and i rebooted in safe mode, still being attacked but it was atleast capable of doing something

We ended up stopping them from attacking my system further, he shut down their firewalls and defence, while i wrote a program to delet all of their hard drives operating system and everything, and fill them with blank data (not blank data, thats an oxymoron, but meaningless ascii combinations in notepad that were randomly generated)

so now, somewhere out there sit 38 boxes, with a hard drive with no operating system, but files with jargon text files (or what would be text files if there wer an operating system)

Fun fun, though stressful as all get out

Anyone have similar stories? Just thought Id let you all know about what ive been doin tonight haha

BTW: who knows, this might be something that could happen to you soon, if you ever get attacked be sure to setup a firewall to close all connections on all ports bfore you decide on an action to take. Also, Signs include slow system rsponse time, files being created at random, large connection lists from random unused port numbers, many requests to download more files from different websites, rapid resolution changes, freezing, etc

Paradox said:
Had Some Automated Scripts attack my system just now. Got the ip (i had just rebooted, it was the only connection) in netstat, made my firewall shut off all ports except one that i used to connect to their system threw an ftp transfer, sent them a program to disable their protection (uninstall known antivirus and spyware removal software) then sent them viruses myself (alot of them)

But then after I was done scanning my system and removing everything, as soon as i open my firewall for standard everyday usage, i get hit again

This time from multiple computers (37) and they end up freezing my system to a hault.

I called a friend (its 1:29 in the morning by the way haha) and i rebooted in safe mode, still being attacked but it was atleast capable of doing something

We ended up stopping them from attacking my system further, he shut down their firewalls and defence, while i wrote a program to delet all of their hard drives operating system and everything, and fill them with blank data (not blank data, thats an oxymoron, but meaningless ascii combinations in notepad that were randomly generated)

so now, somewhere out there sit 38 boxes, with a hard drive with no operating system, but files with jargon text files (or what would be text files if there wer an operating system)

Anyone have similar stories? Just thought Id let you all know about what ive been doin tonight haha

BTW: who knows, this might be something that could happen to you soon, if you ever get attacked be sure to setup a firewall to close all connections on all ports bfore you decide on an action to take. Also, Signs include slow system rsponse time, files being created at random, large connection lists from random unused port numbers, many requests to download more files from different websites, rapid resolution changes, freezing, etc
Wow, poor you, you're like me, if I have have similar problems I sit up half the night, nearly dozing off, then, if I can't fix it, I have a hissy fit, & bite my nails until 9am the next morning, which is the earliest time I can get someone to fix it, grrrrr! why do you think that you are so vulnerable to attacks like these?

Woh, how could that happen, even with a firewall? I thought that protected you... :(

Haha, the thought of the hard drives messed up though (since there probably really young, since they obviously weren't very well protected) is pretty funny, so thats good you did that :)

I'm sure they won't be hitting you again any time soon.

Just think what they can do to systems though that aren't protected...

I once got attacked, and I didn't have a firewall at the time (I was pretty computer illiterate), and saw someone elses hard drive in My Computer, and proceeded to tell my dads mate who was round at the time, and he sent an attack and cut off the connection.

I'm pretty safe now though. Theres no open ports I believe, as my mate couldn't even hack into my system, and hes pretty good. Plus, I've proceeded loads of tests on the net and that that test instablities with firewall, and not one found any.

I'm only using the free version of Zone Alarm too. It prooves that if its set up right, its pretty stable.

Paradox said:

nice! I hope you dont get in trouble though from the government...

Why should he? He was protecting himself...

I'm sure they are just a bunch of kids or something. With that many computers though, it could have been a school or something, haha.

Kage said:
Why should he? He was protecting himself...

I'm sure they are just a bunch of kids or something. With that many computers though, it could have been a school or something, haha.

A whole school? Couldn't you come up with something better? lol :D

Wha? I didn't say a whole school :p

It could have been a few or one person from a class using a classroom of computers to hack.

Still tried to hack him though..

Nothing else will come of it, teaches us all a lesson though huh?

Back
Top Bottom