AMD to drop MAJOR prices on current CPUs

Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (socket AM2 and 939) $169

Athlon 64 3800+ (socket AM2 and 939) $139

Woah, Im building a new one soon then, my birthday is on 7th July, and I should rake about £200 from that, and my job, so I will have about £500-600!

Haha :p

I think I'll wait for the next core to come out after the next one, and then pick up the X2's for even lower....

the thing is, i want to do a major upgrade right before vista to be sure i'll have good enough specs to run its with no problems... would a 3800+ X2 do the job?? with like a 7600gt?

Well the CPU will be fine.
Viesta won't be THAT blood thirsty as people once thought.

Your video card should also be after the upgrade, but its Direct X 10 that will push viesta, and no card of now supports it in hardware.

Though Direct X 10 will let old cards run Viesta probably without a hitch, as some functions I've heard can be passed over to Direct X 9 hardware.

I suggest holding off on your video cards for right now. If you have a decent one right now then you will be fine. Heh I am sure you could go fairly low specs on vista as well. Me i am not upgrading because of vista I am waiting for DX10 becuase of the games.

kyleman999 said:
the thing is, i want to do a major upgrade right before vista to be sure i'll have good enough specs to run its with no problems... would a 3800+ X2 do the job?? with like a 7600gt?

It is okay. You could do much better.

I'm going to do a major system upgrade soon as vista comes out, up to 4 gigs corsair XMS and one of the dual-core AM2 CPU's (dunno what they'll be on when vista comes out).

AM2 is already out. And don't get it. It isn't much of an upgrade from athlon x2 other than the fact that it supports DDR2. Get K8L, QUAD CORE BABY :D !

Yup, some nice price drops when Core 2 Duo releases. Doesn't matter, I'm going with Conroe. :D

even though amd is cutting prices i would still feel like im buying an inferier cpu because of the conroe

Back
Top Bottom