How To Properly Format Your HD

Does it? On my 120GB, it takes about 8 minutes?...

The most important thing though to do is make sure you have back ups for the worst scenarios. Its possible, that you could one night turn off your computer fine, and the next day, it'll fail too. Sad but true :(

All done, just have to reinstall BF2 and Hitman Blood Money. I had a huge chunk of free space gone earlier but now its all back. I've got a warm fuzzy feeling inside now :)

..constipation?
anyway glad you got it working. all this talk of failing hdds and backing up files has got me thinking. i never really backup my work and seem to get away with it. i might make a backup partition though... especially if i am going to reformat. i can then put the work on the backup partition and copy it to the main one after a reinstall.

Don't forget, that its always best to create a copy of a hard drive on another hard drive, just incase the whole hard drive with the two backups decides to kick it in.

hmm im not going to get that serious with backups lol. its never happened so far and if it did, it wouldnt be a really big deal. i do have important data but not life threatening stuff.

I have formatted the C drive, but created a partition of only 5 GB out of 80 GB!
Now, I am going to format the C again and create the second partition.
Yes, it takes time for formatting! I just leave it there and come back 20-25 minutes later.

Back
Top Bottom