DirectX 10

kchi55 said:
i don't see why manufacturers would release dx10 cards before the vista release, since none of the current operating systems support dx10 it would be pretty pointless. if you really want to build a new computer, spend your money on a cheap 6600gt now and wait until q1 or whatever until the dx10 cards come out.

i figured it might be done to appeal to custom builders such as i who are in this predicament of wanting to build a pc without getting outdated. i would assume directx 10 would run on windows xp just not with the extra features it offers, or so thats what i took out of the articles i read. thusly saving you money on buying two graphics cards. so i figured chipset manufacturers might want to take advantage of this and rush directx 10 gfx cards to consumer availability. ah well, guess ill just go with a cheap pci-e like you guys reccomended.

edit: jeeze you guys respond fast, its monday. dont you have work or school or something? :p
and thanks for the help kchi55, appreciate the quick response, you probably saved me from wasting $300 on a gfx card now.

lol thats gay i just bougt my 7900gtx in may, im ognna have ot buy a new vid card soo nthat means w// dec aint soob buy yeh :p it will have ot be one of my xmas presents :p lol

ive had my card since last summer now and im happy with it since its powerfull enough to last me until vista, that reminds me i gotta give that beta version a try, anyway as for your question yes there will be cards supporting directx 10 before vista but its backwards compatable so when u play older games it will use directx 9

I think i'm going hold off my GPU upgrade now and forget teh G7 series and jump right into the G8. I'm sure there will be lower end D10 cards too.

i just brought my x1900xt back in apirl thinking that will last me for a while and nopw im hearing ill have to upgrade in order to play the best games on max settings!!! well you can eat cake you fast paced son of a gun market!!!!!!!! you can stick your forceful upgrade where the sun doesnt shine! no more money spending for me until at least until the Earth has spun around the Sun once more!

fisher, don't worry about it, that x1900xt should still play decently on dx10 games, at least that's what i've been hearing.

Back
Top Bottom