Network issue (ethernet)

wodjee

Solid State Member
Hello,

My motherboard burned so i had to buy a new one. Everything is working well but the integrated Ethernet port (Marvell miniPort).

When i plug the RJ45 cable on the back of the motherboard (when my computer is switched off) The "100" led turns green and the ACT/link led begins to blink green very fast. In windows (with the last drivers) the connection is "limited or not working".

I have a laptop too, which is connecting fine to the internet with the same RJ45 cable and same modem cable. I only switch the cable between my 2 computers.

My first thought was that the integrated ethernet port was not working. So i plugged a Realtek PCI ethernet card in.

Same result : Last drivers, "100" led turned up green and the ACT/link keep blinking all the time whatever i do, even with computer off.

Full system reinstallations didn't help.

So my questions are the followings :

- Can the RJ45 or modem cable be involved when they are running fine with my laptop ?

- If a motherboard integrated port is not working, can it affect a PCI card with the same port ? (Ethernet in my case)

- Any other thought about how to find out where from the issue is coming ?

Thanks a lot for any kind of help =)

My system :

ASUS p4p800 SE
Intel p4 2.8c
Geforce FX5900XT

It could be a software that is interfering with your networking. What Anti-virus do you use? And, out of curiosity, what is the old motherboard brand?

Well the only software i installed before settings up my network is my antivirus. Kaspersky 6.0

My old motherboard was p4p800-E deluxe, but after i changed, as my network wasnt working (i was thinking about a network settings conflicts between the 2 mbs) i reinstalled the whole system.

Look in Device Manager and make sure there are no conflicts. It sounds like the wrong drivers may be installed. If you bought a new mobo, it should have come with a disc with the integrated NIC drivers. Also, make sure in the NIC properties that it's not setup for Static IPs when it needs to be DHCP.

this is worth a try: go to, start > connect to > view all connections, then highlight them all and on the left of the screen you will see that there are many options, click on my firewall settings, then click off (even though it is not reccomended). i find i have this problem alot, and also every time a make a change to my network these are all reset, and all of the other computers get limited or no access to the internet and shared folders.

When we see all the lights flashing very quickly for no reason at all, this is generally a sign that their is a pysical problem with the network, which causes a network loop.

A network loop is where every packet sent gets repeated infinitely, which causes the DHCP requests and reply's to be lost which leads to you not getting an IP address which leads to you having the limited or no connectivity.

Back
Top Bottom