Turning off wndows messanger and the language taskbar

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I have just reinsatllaed windows about a week ago and cant not figure out how to stop windows messanger poping up at startup and how to et rid off the language taskbar.

I go to Msconfig and uncheck the windows messanger in the startup but when i restart windows its still there and checked back again. I cant remeber right but is there somehting that i need to disable in service.msc to stop this as well?

and the language tsakbar I right click on the taskbar and unchekc it from the toolbars menu but its always there when i restart windows.

how do i premantly get rid of these things?

make sure its not runnin in windows task manager, if it is end it, go to: C:\Program Files\Messenger\ and rename msgmsg.exe to somethin like msgmsg1.exe

i dont no if its msgmsg.exe or msmsgs.exe coz im at college, but just put a 1 b4 the . (dot)

go on msconfig and make sure that its not on there, it should come up on start up now, its wot i do.

i mean the actual chat program i believe. i havnt installed it from the internet. not msn messanger 7.0 etc it was installed with service pack 2. but its alright now as r_moore04 suggestiion worked.

now i just need to know if i can stop the language taskbar from coming up at the startup

with the taskbar all i did with that is right click on it and click on close taskbar, it should then come up with a message, u click somthin on there 2 say dont show again i think.

i hope this helps u, right click on the task bar first

mic1.jpg

To stop messenger starting with windows you have to open the messenger program then go to the options er option (?!) and uncheck the 'start with windows' option. I am doing this from memory as I stopped it starting when I reinstalled xp about six months ago. As far as I know this is the only way to stop it.

What I do is that I uninstall it via Windows XP setup and delete the entire folder.

Back
Top Bottom