Monitor Response Time...

Distortion88 said:
But even you diehard CRT users must succumb to the changes being implemented and switch to LCD. Example: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2860

LCD is catching up and surpassing CRT performance.

At what cost? While you'll be paying premium prices just to get the same performance as us, we can just pay a nice and cheap price for that CRT monitor. We may break our backs moving it, but we certainly won't be breaking our wallets. ;)

one reason to go to LCD is widescreen. i have a Viewsonic VX2025wm and have no regerts going from my 17" CRT to my 20" widescreen LCD but unlike Kage I have a graphics card that can handle the higher settings while at widescreen resolutions like 1680x1050 with max detail.

Yeah, if you have the video card for it, LCD's probably better, but for people that can't run at max settings (as I like to do that) at high resoloutions, it makes the experience worse.

Thats not to say my video card isn't powerful, as it can run Need For Speed Most wanted at around 25-30fps at 1280x1024, FEAR at around 35-50, so its got some kick in it.

I like LCDs I got no idea what my mointor respone rate is but I play higher end games like BF2, and stuff just fine. I want a 19 inch at least 8 idealy 4.

Back
Top Bottom