Crysis screenshots

right now all the cards that are out support only direct x 9. with the release of microsoft vista the new OS, we will be able to utilize directx 10. no cards right now can support direct x 10, your 7900GTX probably will not be able to run that game at max settings since it is using an older version of direct x, which is why i chose to stay with this 6800gs =)

What about with a driver update is it possible to allow today's cards to adapt to DX10? I really hope so but then again i guess i am due for a new card anyway....although i wasnt looking to be spending $800 on the newest release. For those who won't be able to afford a new card, a driver update to make their current card compatible with dx10 would be nice.

But yeah that game looks intense, i like it! Anyone notice the realism on the people skins? WOW is all i can say to that. The people look so realistic i can't believe it!

and also to add, i definitely noticed that this game will be using a physics processor of some sort judging by what goes on in the movies. I guess that should be expected tho. Yet another awesome feature to add!

i doubt that they'll release a driver that allows dx9 cards to adapt with dx10, there's no money in that, and that's what all these companies are really about. money money money.

kchi55 said:
i doubt that they'll release a driver that allows dx9 cards to adapt with dx10, there's no money in that, and that's what all these companies are really about. money money money.

yeah you're absolutely right, but i bet there could be a way to do it if they wanted to be nice and save people some money and hassel but then again since when was nVidia nice? and ATI, well im not sure what to say about them.

I just thought of something else too, not only will the user have to upgrade his/her GPU to one that supports dx10, they will also have to upgrade to windows vista because XP will not be supporting dx10 and will thus not be compatible with any dx10 GPU. Now that really kicks you when you're down IMO! But on a lighter note, i have read that the new games which are made for dx10 will likely still support dx9 so upgrading wont be necessary right off the bat.

AmericanSensei said:
Stupid question....What IS a DirectX 10 card.....Mean to tell me the $600 BFG 7900GTX 512 card I bought Wont run the game at max settings with all features?

Depends on the game. Some games might require you to have DirectX 10, meaning any current video cards won't be able to run it.

Well, all the videos and stuff at E3 where played with currrent hardware, i think 2 1900xts. Which dont support directx10, so i wouldent worry. But it would be a good idea to get a directx 10 card. They said the main reason for using directx 10 was that it provides much better performance the 9.

How long do u think till one is released? Should i get my 7900Gt or wait for a dx10? Gawww this technology stuff is moving way to fast lol, were all gonna be dead tomorrow from dx124.43 gpus with laser beams

Alienownage said:
How long do u think till one is released?

When Vista comes out.

And I really don't think I'm gonna be using windows when Vista comes out, simply because I don't want to buy Vista and Microsoft will not release dx10 for Win Xp. So I'm probably moving to linux.

allenn812 said:
Well, all the videos and stuff at E3 where played with currrent hardware, i think 2 1900xts. Which dont support directx10, so i wouldent worry. But it would be a good idea to get a directx 10 card. They said the main reason for using directx 10 was that it provides much better performance the 9.

Well it means that Crysis isn't complete. Usually they run videos on current hardware, but the final product is slated for certain hardware etc. Last year at E3 2005, all of Microsoft's real-time videos were done with a PowerPC system because it was similar to the final hardware the Xbox 360 used.

Speaking of the E3, another game that was very impressive was Huxley. Apparently it's a FPSMMORG, and the graphics looks amazing! It will be like 200vs200 people at once or something. Check it out on gamespot

Back
Top Bottom