Problems?

no 7600gt is the best 'bang for your buck' right now in my opinion. agree with kage. that card should be more than enough to support games between now and the release of vista.

Just so you guys know how big of an upgrade this is for me, right now im typing off a Dell Dimension XPS B800...which runs a pentium 3 and wasnt even made with xp. It has roughly 128mb of ram from what I could tell from the sticks, and it basicly sucks a fat one. So im very excited to get on a machine that I can actually do something with!

i doubt that you are running an XPS..
a dell dimension prob.. xps aren't made with such low...specs.

well I was reading up on this and back in '00 this was top of the line stuff...but after about 5 years its become a piece of crap, I took the side of and looked around and there were two sticks on big one said 128 or something close to that number...the other stick was much smaller and didnt have any numbers on it...so who knows...but I can promise you its a pentium 3.

i don't think the xps was in production in 2000. but that doesn't matter
you're gonna have a new computer very soon!

Yeah im very excited about this thing, im very scared about putting it together myself but im having a buddy help me with 3 different sources online along with you guys which will be fun. Im very excited to start playing some BF2

haha, don't worry about installation of hardware. it's basically you stick the pieces into the areas that fit. that's what i did lol. HEY THERES A HOLE! let's find a plug!

hahah yeah but I have another question, I have to buy the thing piece by piece at about 2 weeks at a time, what parts do you recomend getting first, and also think about what manuals would be best to read first. I was thinking about going case and motherboard first but what do you think?

it doesn't matter what parts you get first since either way you a computer isn't a computer when it's missing a piece of hard ware. if you want to get a feel on how to build the computer then yes, i would probably get the case and motherboard first since the manuals in those are most helpful.

Back
Top Bottom