Crysis screenshots

mammikoura said:
well it's gonna be using dx10 so my gues would be that u need a vid card which supports dx10. So none of the current cards would really do. And then probably like 2Gb of ram or more, depending how well they can tweak the engine.

so what you are saying is that no card to date can run this game? not even my x1900xt? and does anyone know the release dates for this game? plus the release date for the Medal of Honour Airborne Assualt?

Thats why I wouldn't want to update my card again until Direct X 10 arrives.

You'll still be able to play it, and some Direct X 10 features will be able to be ported over to 9, yet, some won't, like the switch to Direct x 7 to Direct x 8-9 was. It's going to be about the same kind of jump.

So to play the game in full settings, you will need a Direct X 10 card, yes.

Yeah, Crysis was really goddamn impressive when I first saw on on gamespot. I'm a bit worried about the plot, according to the previews, might be medicore, but I'll give it hope.

Definately will get it when it comes out.

I wonder if those physics cards will become a thing of the past?

The Direct X 10 cards support onboard physics...

Short life huh?

I agree on the realisticness of the graphics, but theres still something in the graphics of games that still resound in my head, the fake word.

PSR 3 on the Xbox 360 didn't impress me much. I'm so used to pre-rendered CG now though, in game graphics don't come close :(

i dunno that game will have to wait for me. i'll probably be getting vista ultimate right when it comes out and that'll deplete my funds, then i'll work toward probably 2-3 gigs of ram and then finally a dx10 card.

Kage said:
I wonder if those physics cards will become a thing of the past?

The Direct X 10 cards support onboard physics...

Short life huh?

I agree on the realisticness of the graphics, but theres still something in the graphics of games that still resound in my head, the fake word.

PSR 3 on the Xbox 360 didn't impress me much. I'm so used to pre-rendered CG now though, in game graphics don't come close :(

You mean Project Gotham Racing 3? It was probably one of the best launch games for the Xbox 360. Oh and movies you watched are NOT pre-rendered. Microsoft doesn't like to pull off Sony Killzones. :p

kchi55 said:
i dunno that game will have to wait for me. i'll probably be getting vista ultimate right when it comes out and that'll deplete my funds, then i'll work toward probably 2-3 gigs of ram and then finally a dx10 card.

I'm saving up my $1,500 for Conroe to get cheaper and to see which next-generation GPU will win. There's a report that ATI's R600, their first DirectX 10 card, will have 64 Unified Shader Processors and will use GDDR4. However, there are rumors that nVIDIA's G80 will be a dual-core GPU with 48 pixel shaders per core and will also use GDDR4.

That's why I'm waiting. It's also a plus to use DirectX 10 cards, because when you upgrade to Windows Vista, you can use it to maximum efficiency and fully utilize everything it has to offer.

Stupid question....What IS a DirectX 10 card.....Mean to tell me the $600 BFG 7900GTX 512 card I bought Wont run the game at max settings with all features?

Back
Top Bottom