BFG 6600GT Vs BFG 6800GT

Still, you have more money than me :p

Saying its cheaps not doing it justice, as its a rather good card.

Since you seem to have enough money, I'd go for that. The next upgrade then will be a direct x 10 card :p

You may be able to push a bit out of it as well by overclocking in coolbits.

Zapdos said:
my friend is planning on giving me his olf BFG 6800GT for $80 (canadian) and i think thats a really good deal. BUT i have a BFG 6600GT 128mb and i was wondering if its worth spending 80 on the 6800gt if its actually a good performance boost. the 6800gt is 256mb. Thanks

Well $80 CAD is $71.25 USD, so I would say that if his card is in excellent condition, it would be worth it. Does it have the stock cooler or an aftermarket one?

gaming_freak, because there are 7-thousand series cards that will increase his performance way way more for not that much more money.

MikeReiner, word. UT2007 will make me upgrade my gaming box. :)

True, if you can afford the 7600 series, that makes a worth while upgrade.

i'll say it again. 6600gt should last you for a while. don't bother. wait for dx10!

Haha, i'm in two minds.

The 6600GT will hold up until then definietly, but at max settings? no.

The 6600gt is not a horribal card. My cooling is great not liquid cooling though. I can run battlefield 2 on high settings :O loland at like 70fps which is amazing to me lol

Zapdos said:
The 6600gt is not a horribal card. My cooling is great not liquid cooling though. I can run battlefield 2 on high settings :O loland at like 70fps which is amazing to me lol
at what resolution?

Back
Top Bottom