my monitor

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright, a long time ago, before i bought my video card, i was using a monitor with my onboard vvideo and i could get the resolution up to 2048 by whatever. then, i stopped using that monitor when i bought my video card. now, im using the old monitor i was using with the onboard video with video card and i can only go up to 1280 by 1024. so, i know that this monitor is supposed to be able to go higher than that, but i dont know how. can anyone help?

The video card will have a lock at the moment, unless you set the maximum resoloution in the driver settings, that the monitor you have can go up to. The reason is, some PC users might try to shove it up full and the monitor wouldn't respond.

Since you have an ATI Radeon, I can't tell you exactly where, but I know there is a setting to tell the maximum resoloution the monitor can apply. That'll then appear as the maximum setting within the Windows properties.

Make sure you install the drivers with the full suite, and not just the driver if you haven't already.
That'll let you change it, and makes configuring a whole lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom