Lint-free

You should be alright anyway. I wouldn't worry too much.

I haven't myself heard of anyone breaking their computer because they didn't think about protection, but it can happen.

If you have a wristband, use it. If you don't, and can't get hold of one, earth yourself using other methods.

Radiator, etc. Anything thats earthed to the ground.
Heck, if you plug your computer in, and touch the case, that'll earth you, but I wouldn't advise doing that while working, since current will most likely be going through the motherboard.

You'll be fine.

Tommy Boy said:
It made a big difference in my system, dropped my temps about 10 degrees c after I cleaned out all the dust that was packed in my heat sink and was restricting the airflow.

But, make sure that you only put a very very thin layer of thermal compound on the cpu die, it's all you need. I would reccomend Arctic Silver 5.
lol thats nothin i have a friend that hadnt cleaned hers in 3 years (since she got it) and it dropped the temps 50-60C!

How can that be?...
How hot would it have been running previously then?

If its a standard processor... it couldn't have been running at 100 degrees C+

Was it a intel. No simply take a wooden plank or somthing wear shoes did static yourself stay away from wool sweaters. I mean wrist bands are nice and all, but its not extactly required. I've seen one before, I know so many techies that don't use it, course none of them run around in giant wool sweaters in the middle of teh winter with socks on the carpet paying extra attention to get pleanty of static. Just work on a wooden floor board, wear shoes, touch somthing metal. Intels run hot if it was a intel I can believe it.

Haha, that made me laugh somehow.

I can imagine a computer builder coming round to someones house carrying a plank of wood

or just do it on a tile floor on a table while you are naked, no clothes to move around and make static.
I build computers while I'm naked.....lol

i did it in the winter, on the carpet, with socks.
conclusion? success. just keep a hand on like.. the powersupply or the part of the case w/o the paint.

or just do it on a tile floor on a table while you are naked, no clothes to move around and make static.
I build computers while I'm naked.....lol

Imagie your a system builder and a customer walks in and your doing that...
Customer: What the heck are you doing?
You; Building a PC
Customer; naked?
You; Don't have to worry about static ;)

BTW you gave a room full of tipsy germans a really good life when it was translated.

Back
Top Bottom