Overheating nightmare

you was using a PCI-express card and then you switched to an AGP one? was that on a differnet mobo or has your mobo got a PCI-express slot and an AGP one?

i had a very similar problem to this. it turned out to be my graphics card. it got to the point that it would randomly turn off and would not turn back on at all. no beeps no nothing. push the button and all you would get is more frustration. youve got to try everything in this stituation. replace it with stuff that works and try and pin point the problem. the best way to do it is to take a component out of your system and put i n one that you now does work. then you can rule out the possibilty that your PSU hasnt blown more than one component

Fisher said:
you was using a PCI-express card and then you switched to an AGP one? was that on a differnet mobo or has your mobo got a PCI-express slot and an AGP one?

The same mobo, it has AGP as well as PCIE.

Ah, if everything else has been checked, memories the only thing i can be really...

All kettle leads are the same, but the ampage in them aren't. You could do damage putting the wrong fuse in the plug of a kettle lead since if the computer decided to become unstable, and it sent a surge of power down the lead, you'd want to make sure the fuse melted at the right current to stop fires, etc from occuring.

For instance, my PSU has a 6 amp fuse in it I believe.

If I had a farm, I would bet the farm that when your power supply exploded, it took your motherboard with it and maybe some other components that you won't find out about until you get a working motherboard.

Yeah, but he tested the computer with a different motherboard of the same model, and it still didn't work.

Kage said:
Yeah, but he tested the computer with a different motherboard of the same model, and it still didn't work.
He never said he tried a different motherboard.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts thats what it is.

He did:

"I thought that maybe it was the mobo now that was bad, so I replaced it with a refurbished one of the same model- it fixed nothing. I am truly at a loss. I should also note that even when there is no system memory plugged into the mobo and/or the processor is removed, the system does not beep like it should (you know- that repeated 'beep beep beep' that happens when you start a system with no memory)."

Kage said:
He did:

"I thought that maybe it was the mobo now that was bad, so I replaced it with a refurbished one of the same model- it fixed nothing. I am truly at a loss. I should also note that even when there is no system memory plugged into the mobo and/or the processor is removed, the system does not beep like it should (you know- that repeated 'beep beep beep' that happens when you start a system with no memory)."
Ah, my mistake, I missed reading that in the very first post....lol

:p Its okay.

Did you replace the CPU?...

I wonder if that could be the culprit...

Its either that, or the RAM. Though without RAM, i'd expect in some form or other, for the computer to start up (i.e, turn on).

Without a working processor though, I wouldn't be so sure.

Back
Top Bottom